Houston professional headshots business portraits executive portrait photography professional photography studio.
Present Your Best Image To Grow Your Career!
Professional headshots create a positive impression!
Houston professional headshots
A stunning business portrait headshot projects the best impression!
Stunning portrait photography created with expert craftsmanship and experience! Portrait artist Robert Berger realizes your business headshot (executive portrait) is a direct reflection of your professionalism as seen by others.
An outstanding business executive portrait may help give you a competitive edge in your industry and is much more important than you may have realized. Many professionals rely solely on their university degrees or resume, detailing experience and accomplishments, which they should be proud of, but an outstanding portrait will show who an individual is as a real person. I have been researching scientific studies as well as articles gathering information as to how we are judged or make initial impressions.
How We Are Judged by Our Appearance by Leonard Mlodinow – Psychology Today
Why We Judge Personalities On Appearance – It Works
Your professional headshot portrait is your very own advertisement for promoting your brand which of course is you! Being a professional portrait photographer since 1985 has given me valuable insight. We have heard “a picture is worth a thousand words.” My aim here is to showcase you in the most positive way when people form opinions or judgments based on seeing your professional portrait. We are judged by our appearance which most of us would rather not like to think about but it’s been proven in studies!
Speaking about appearance, let’s exclude beauty and handsomeness for a moment. My blog article pertains to “portraits for professionals” rather than beauty pageant or model portfolio photography. If you are a financial professional for example looking at the part of your chosen profession in a believable professional manner (with an emphasis on detail) may differentiate you from everyone else. If you are managing others’ money you may benefit by dressing very well and meticulously. People may expect that you pay attention to small details and may subconsciously analyze your appearance for clues.
Portraits of Character- exude confidence and credibility- dramatic classic Hollywood style lighting for publications
A private investigator may be photographed using my classic Hollywood lighting style. Looking like Humphrey Bogart, people might have trust that this is the right person to hire.
Another major element to an outstanding business portrait headshot is EFFORT! Generally speaking when you put forth EFFORT people notice. It may be easy to do a selfie or have a friend take a photo and all of a sudden it’s a “professional portrait” for Linkedin. Will this impress? What do you think of the Linkedin photos that you have seen? Does it instill confidence that this is the right professional for this position? Sometimes just wearing nice new shoes to the office will get compliments and attention. EFFORT for your professional portrait will be noticed in the same way but may elevate you to a higher professional level.
Magazine publishers hire the most talented, qualified photographers to shoot their beautiful models. Why? Even the most beautiful models or actors benefit from the best photography. Magazine covers get attention and generate interest to purchase the magazine.
- Individuals should look as professional as possible. Appearing confident, friendly, energetic, with attention to detail, wear classic style clothes.
- Recommendations to create your stunning professional portrait!
- Studio portraits are timeless, classic, and professional. With the correct lighting, individuals radiate energy and confidence. Proper background light adds dimension. Separating the subject from the background adds depth to a two-dimensional image. I employ many lights depending on the situation at my portrait photography studio.
- Portrait photography lighting that is flattering- I use a variety of lighting styles that you see throughout this article. Individuals with beautiful hair for instance should show it. Outstanding professional portraits are not just for people who resemble supermodels, everyone benefits from proper portrait lighting and camera position. Portrait photography experience and knowledge are a big factor in creating an outstanding portrait. Many times clients explain before a photoshoot how un-photogenic they are and dread having their portrait taken. This is where photographers’ experience is necessary. I find the best angle and lighting for everyone. The final retouched portrait clearly shows professionalism and confidence.
- Portrait lighting equipment- people are amazed coming to my photography studio. They see all types of photography lighting, umbrellas, light modifiers, and stands. Having all the right equipment is essential.
- Photographer personality- I am personally interested in creating the finest portraits that instill confidence and professionalism. My clients depend on me to help with their success! Read the 5 stars Google reviews!
- Who is your audience or what type of client would you like to do business with? Movies are geared to certain audiences, whether animated, romance, or action. Who would you like to impress with your professional portrait? If you are a physician, lawyer, accountant, financial planner, or energy executive, your professional portrait will differ from a musician, actor, or fashion model.
- Casual photography poses and expressions? I think this may work for a second pose but the primary portrait should exemplify a high level of professionalism.
- Outdoor or in the office portraiture? If you are a doctor, attorney, accountant, in addition to a professional studio headshot, an office environmental portrait may give another outstanding perspective. Projecting energy, enthusiasm as well as showing a well-decorated, successful office instills confidence and achievement. An experienced professional photographer can assist with flattering lighting, poses, and interesting artistic angles.
- Portrait Re-Touching Tips: The resolution and high pixel count of professional cameras isn’t very flattering for photographing adults. Much more facial detail is revealed by a camera than people can generally see with their naked eyes. The portrait artwork I like best is very natural. Gently smoothing wrinkles on the face and under the eyes as well as whitening the teeth isn’toverdoingg it. I prefer to reduce shiny oily skin but not to the extent of dullness. In my “Hollywood Glamour Portraits”, I include much more facial retouching when needed to achieve a flawless movie star look!
- Studio Portrait Background Selection- Do you require a unique or special background for your portrait without having to travel to shoot on location? For instance, if you require a refinery, building, or specific industrial equipment in the background, I can help! I just require a high-resolution photo of your specific background. I have the latest advanced technology (not the green screen) to create the portrait you require. This saves time, and it may not be feasible to do a photoshoot on location.
- Professional portrait rates- Professional business headshot portraits can be used for 3 to 4 years. Portrait rates begin at $300.00 for studio portrait photography.
I hope you can see the benefits and importance of having a stunning professional portrait. You will find your portrait(s) are a wonderful investment in promoting your career!
Don’t just listen to us. Read what our clients have to say!
Robert Berger is an award-winning photographer- portrait artist whose motto is “Stunning portrait photography created with expert craftsmanship and experience, preserves the present for the future! Contact portrait artist Robert Berger. He has the most Google reviews in the Houston area for professional photography as well as a five-star rating. His studio is known for professional headshots, corporate group photography, photo restoration, passport photos, visa photos, family and pet photography. His signature style is glamorous movie star-style portraits from the Golden Age of Hollywood. Established in 1985. Portraits of Character by Robert Berger and Innovative Images Photography by Robert Berger– Copyright 2022 Copying or redistribution of this page is not permitted without written consent by Robert Berger.